7369 Qasr Ad Dayana St. An Nisha District, Makkah 24221-2136 Saudi Arabia
The Madinah Spatial Data Infrastructure (MSDI) is a corner stone project, not only for the MDA but rather for the entire Province of Al-Madinah Al-Menowarah. It provides access to consistent spatial datasets shared by all stakeholders. That includes both spatial datasets generated and maintained by MDA, as well as those that comes from various government and private organizations. The project included the following:
• Increase the collaboration between all public and private agencies within Al-Madinah Province relating to the access and use of spatial information.
• Reduce the redundancy in data (maps, satellite images, attributes) produced or obtained by agencies.
• Facilitate the interoperability and reuse of spatial data.
• Reduce the costs associated with the production and acquisition of spatial data across agencies.
• Increase the return of investment of spatial data assets.
The business and technical goals for the MSDI Project can be summarized in the following:
• Provide standardized datasets in support of decision making
• Establish a common georeferencing system for the spatial datasets across for all agencies
• Build easy to use web-based tools for secured access to spatial data
• Support capacity building for MDA and other stakeholders of the Project
• Develop technology infrastructure that complies with MDA IT Strategy
Geospatial DEVELOPMENT Awards
“Geospatial DEVELOPMENT Awards” in Geospatial Application for Municipal GIS from GIS DEVELOPMENT in the Middle East.